Friday 6 January 2012

After having a chat with my Auntie Eve about the prospects in life and what she did when she was younger in order to fulfil her career as a doctor, I decided to come home and write a 'life plan'.


So I think we've all seen the episode when Rachel from 'Friends' writes her life plan on her 30th birthday on when she needs to get married and have children. I'm not talking about that plan (however I should really get a move on).


Instead I jotted down all the things I want to do, googled it and saved the relevant information. These included: Volunteering work, work experience, applying for jobs, going to New York, travelling, raising money for charity and American Summer Camp. So I know your probably thinking wow that's going to cost a lot, she's pretty ambitious. I worked all that out too. Although it's easier said than done, I'm hoping to just get any job even if its working in Tesco's full time for a year so it can provide me with the funds to put towards my savings to do these things.


I feel by having this list, it will motivate me and will also point me in some sort of direction. I can either add to it, or take things off. I went straight from A levels to university when some did a gap year, however my travelling and what I want to do will be afterwards once I've graduated. You don't get these experiences and opportunities when your in a full time, committed job or if you've begun a family.


It really has made me excited about what I have to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment