Sunday 3 April 2011

Firstly I will just warn you that this is going to be a rushed blog, so ignore the spelling mistakes, bad grammer and if it doesn't make sense ha!


Wow it has been a month since I last updated and I have no idea why it has taken me this long to realise...


I'm 19 on Tuesday and this past year has for sure been the most eventful yet best year yet.


I had a tough time in the last year of sixth form as I really did not enjoy it, and got to the stage where I couldn't be bothered with studying any more. Although I knew what career path I wanted to take and that I wanted to go to university, I just hit a wall. I was taking everything out on my family (who were always trying to help me), not turning up to school and not revising. To this day now, I have no idea how I got the grades which I did with little effort and revision put in. I am a hard worker and I do always try my hardest but when life changing things happen it's hard to focus.


...Like losing one of my close friends. If anyone close to you dies obviously its hurts, even when you read about it in the paper and you don't know the person, you still feel a sense of sadness. However, the stress and hurt when the person you love and care about, who you see and speak to everyday takes their own life, is just unbelievable. You feel that just because someone has a smile on their face that everything is OK and rosy. I guess not...I'm not an angry person but it really frustrates me when people joke about being suicidal or interfere with it, when they don't know the whole picture. Although it was tough to lose someone during such a stressful time at school, the photos and memories makes me move on and do something valuable in my life. As I am still lucky and happy to be here today. 


When I got all of my confirmed choices for my universities and got told I got into my first choice Solent I was over the moon. I was so happy and proud of myself, that I managed to achieve the massive goal which I have always wanted to get to since the start of secondary school.  Here at Solent I am doing a course which is not anywhere else and is great for opportunity's within the media industry. I thoroughly enjoy it, and although the workload can be stressful at times, I think to myself...and this is why some opt to go to university and some get full time jobs.


I have met some characters since starting in September. Some are alot like me, and others are people who I probably wouldn't mix with if I was at home, but who are hilarious in their own way. I couldn't of asked to live with better people, as they are all caring and bring smiles to my faces. I have learnt to live independently in a city I don't know with total strangers, without your parents stood by your side. I was always excited to go and do this and passionate to make friends, so you defo need the right mind set if you are going to 'survive' uni life.


Although when I was 17/18 I had a job which earned me money and was in a relationship which couldn't be better, this past year has been incredible and most successful for me. I cannot believe that I am going to be 19!! The amount of people who say "God you think 19 is old" I just think yeah, because I can remember the times when I was running around parks, with my dad chasing after me. I just can't see myself in my last teenage years. I can remember when I was 13 and my whole life was changing.


Bring on Tuesday! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment