Tuesday 26 July 2011

A Surfers Paradise

The last minute decisions in life are usually the best and the most exhilarating. Sunday night I was sat down with the family having a roast dinner, with the same-old feeling which gets deep-rooted in our minds of having to get up on a Monday morning. No more lie-ins, no more trashy weekend TV, but now having to get up at 7am for a week of work, whilst trying to digest the fact that all the fun is over for the next 5 days.


A text from one of my best friends offered a 5 day mini break away to his house down in Cornwall on Tuesday. My first initial reaction was of course YES, yet I had to consider the fact I had no money (due to spending the majority of it on house accessories oops) and that I had several shifts at work. Fortunately for me, my boss is pretty easy going and my hours are pretty flexible.


That was it, I was off to Cornwall :)


My time there was so relaxing and everything was so peaceful. We made the most of our days which consisted off going to numerous beaches, looking round the small towns and occasionally going out for dinner or the pub. It was lovely :)


I have only ever been to Cornwall twice, the first time I went to the West of Cornwall to the well-known town of Newquay with my best friend that was amazing. Yet, the place we went to this year was so different in comparison. All the roads were closely linked together by local village stores and small beach towns, with roads which could only fit one car down. They were lined with small, adorable houses which looked so delicate and looked like they were designed to be included in an animation. I had never seen anything like them before, yet they were more pleasant to look at than a standard council house.


The beaches were just sensational! It was all so picturesque and looked like something you would get on a postcard. The sea looked crystal and turquoise, so clear you could see your every step when bravely getting in. The beaches were well maintained which was surprising for the amount of dogs which were allowed, and were surrounded by beautiful waterfalls which ran off the cliffs and into the sea.


With 165 beaches to choose from and the views which I encountered which were simply stunning, it sure is a surfers paradise! The rugged coastline and the secluded caves, justifies the reason why over two million people flock to Cornwall each summer. Many of us feel that a 'proper holiday' is when we fly abroad, yet Cornwall is definitely the most beautiful places of England.






















<3

No comments:

Post a Comment